Thursday, November 6

Simple Joys

Silly me, I didn't have the forethought to take pictures of what I made last night for my craft show on Saturday. They're these cute gift tags (two sets, one wintery and one Christmasy), packaged in a tin hinged box with some coordinating ribbon. I like them :)

I'm super excited because Mike's mom had some broken tiles in her store and fished through them to give me the ones that were still whole. Mike will cut them tonight to make me raw 4x4 coasters that I can stamp on for the craft show. I wish I was this ambitious in making things BEFORE the week of the show :)

Since I don't have a card, I thought I'd share this picture of Michael, taken at the zoo when he was playing in some water. I love the look on his face! There's something so amazing about seeing a child just enjoy their surroundings. It's been an awfully long time since I was that happy about something so simple. So, I thought I'd reflect on simple things that make me that happy, as an adult.
1. Fall colors, especially leaves on trees. There is NOTHING that makes me happier, nature-wise. I can go from the worst to best mood in a heartbeat (and that actually happened last Friday). I walked in the house with the biggest smile on my face after seeing gorgeous fall trees. I'm hoping I can get back out to that spot this weekend to take pictures, before they freeze and fall off :(
2. Reading a crappy book. Sometimes I read some incredibly intelligent things. Most of the time, I read things about creativity that are really well written as well. But there is the occassional book that is just silly. It's a cheesy romance or whatever, but honestly, it's written like I would tell a story to one of my friends. And for me, it's okay to read a book like that, because it's more like a real part of my life than most of the intellectual stuff I read!
3. Seeing a great photograph of someone I love. I was in such a fantastic mood after seeing my cousin's wedding pictures. It makes me exceptionally happy to see professional pictures of Michael. I can't wait to see our wedding pictures.
4. Getting mail. Not bills or junk mail, but actual mail that was thought out and specifically sent to me. It's so nice that someone will take the time to hand-write on something, pay to attach a stamp, and put it in the mail, rather than just hurrying up and sending me an email.
Those are my four for now. I have no idea if anyone actually reads this, so if you do, leave me a comment with some of yours.
Have a great day!


No comments: