Wednesday, November 12

Realization

Hey, guess what? They close the courthouses on national holidays too!!! Now, yes, I knew this, but it didn't even cross my mind yesterday when I sped down to Nebraska City, flew up to the courthouse 5 minutes before they were supposed to close (I don't fly anywhere), and then completely deflated when I read the sign that they were closed. Yeah. I'm an airhead.

So, I titled this post, "Realization" because I came to a realization. Clever, huh? I actually have been coming to this realization for awhile now but it hit me this morning that it's not going away. I love to craft...whatever it is, I love doing it. I really love scrapbooking, but have no time. I love taking pictures, I love making cards, I even consider cooking/baking crafting. Almost all day, that's what my mind is on...what projects I can create, what things I'd like to do for whatever holiday is coming up, whatever. And then I get home with all these great ideas and good intentions...and do nothing. It's not because I don't want to. It's because I get home and I'm so utterly exhausted that I can't really muster any creative energy. So...my realization is this: I need to do this full time, somehow. Whether it's actually profitable, or if it's in my spare time while staying at home, whatever. Then I could get my things done and actually live my life. I hope.

Not sure how all of this will happen, but that's my dream.

Back to the grind... :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am a HORRIBLE friend. i've been so MIA. i'm sorry i'm only NOW getting around to reading your blog!!!

we have a LOT to chat about. life has been . . . i won't say FUN, but it's been an adventure, of course! i'm still trying to figure out a way for me to get home for your wedding. they cut my hours, so we have even LESS moola now! but i'll get there, don't you worry!

we need to chat. maybe sunday?