Monday, November 3

I should have made this a goal....



To blog on a more regular basis. It's funny...I read certain people's blogs everyday, and yet don't even think about updating mine. Granted, they have hundreds of people reading theirs and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who reads mine, but whatever :)

So, I'm big into goals. They usually don't happen, but I always set them. And being that I live about 2 months ahead of real time because I'm always thinking about what I have coming up...Christmas, wedding, etc..., I'm sort of in the New Year goal setting mode. So...here's my scratchy paper of goals. Not sure you can read them, and not really the point, but I thought if I publically posted my scratchings, maybe it would hold me more accountable. SO...if you talk with me, push me on these things, they really are important to me.


Last week we saw our engagement pictures and I love them! Meg is an awesome photographer. Mike and I had a really good time shooting them at the pumpkin patch and seeing them made this whole wedding gig A LOT more real. There's a couple I just love to pieces and can't wait to get my hands on them so I can show everyone. I think they're really Mike and me, if that makes sense. A little goofy, a little cheesy, but definitely fun.


And after seeing them, I was totally inspired to look at some of my own pictures. I also found this amazing blog of a local photographer on a national site, and I can't believe I'd never heard of her before now. I'm sure she's a bit spendy, but someday, I would LOVE to have her take pictures of our family. Anyway, I was out playing with Molly last week and had my camera because I wanted to take pictures of her big girl collar, when I looked up and saw our amazing sunset. I'd seen it before, but it never stops being gorgeous. I spent more time snapping pictures of the sunset than I did of Molly - although I managed to get a couple good ones of her too :)


So, I'll just upload a bunch of photos that I found when I was looking through my camera. Seeing my life through my lens makes me realize even more how blessed I am.

This is Mike and Michael, pointing at a monkey at the zoo. We took all 3 kids this summer, and it was so cool to see those two together. I know Mike is great with his niece and nephew, but it was awesome to see him bond with my nephew too.



To the left is the three kids looking at something behind the glass. I love the lighting of this picture though, and their three little heads. Especially Quintin and Michael, looking up, hands pressed on the glass. SO cute!







And my beloved sunset photos. These are from all over the property. I'm standing there, snapping pictures, thinking how lucky we are to have a house and land, and then it hits me like a ton of bricks - THIS is God. This is tangible (well, sorta) proof that He exists. Not that I doubted, but if someone were to aks me how I know, I can point at these pictures and say this is how. How can anyone wonder after seeing something like this?



So, that's the news, I guess. Craft show this weekend at Bellevue East. Come visit! Other than that, lots of unpacking to look forward to this week. Hopefully all will be in order at least on the main level in time for a family dinner on Saturday night.


Have an fantabulous fall week!!

No comments: