Thursday, May 22

Disappointment

So, I think everyone who knows me knows how long I've been going to school and how hard I've been working to graduate, especially lately. It's a fairly big deal in my life. So, of course, I want to have a party to celebrate and it would be awesome if the people I care about would actually show up. Seems like that won't be the case. Now, I can understand if something was already planned for that day, or it's something pressing like, I dunno, moving out of the state :) But what I guess I don't understand is people who know that's going on and choose to plan something else for that day anyway. I didn't just invite random friends...I invited the people who were closest to me. I would think they'd want to be there to celebrate with me - I know I would want to do the same for them. I'm really really really upset...at this point, I'm not even sure that I'll have any of my friends there. I can almost for certain say that Mike will have more friends there than I will. It won't ruin my day, because this is something I've done and am so glad to have accomplished, but it makes me rethink how close to me these friends really are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( wish i could have been there--you know i would have!

Jen said...

I know you would have...not worried about you at all :)