Friday, August 29

Feelin' Woody


Alright - any of you who saw my apartment knew that I'm a fan of wood and metal in my decorating...don't need colors so much (though I love bright ones), but I definitely enjoy having wooden furniture and metal accents. Therefore...this is my arty take on our house and all the wood and metal that made me fall in love. Sure, there's great rooms, lots of very pretty land, even the decorating and room colors are nice - but I walked in, saw all the ORIGINAL wood and hardware and it was over.





The top left picture is one of the built-in wardrobes in the hallways - there's one on the main floor and one on the second floor. LOVE this feature. The top right is the pantry area - if the cabinets aren't original in here, they've fooled me because they look exactly like the ones in the kitchen. The bottom left picture is of the butcherblock island - built to look original but isn't. Bottom right is the "mudroom" bannister and back door...original fixtures, gorgeous woodwork on the bannister. I can't believe how well this place was kept up.
I'm getting more excited by the day, in case you couldn't tell. I've been planning my studio area lately since I can't wait to disappear there whenever I want to create. My latest business endeavor (other than the wedding invitations) has been creating greeting cards to sell at craft fairs. Our first one is September 27 so not much time after we move in, but I can't wait to begin creating there!

No comments: